The Cross Church School of Ministry is a one-year residential ministry experience that prepares leaders for life, ministry, and Gospel advancement globally. The purpose of the School of Ministry is not to replace what our universities and seminaries do by way of theological education but to complement them. The School of Ministry will provide a unique opportunity for any young man or woman called to ministry and Kingdom service to gain practical ministry experience in the Cross Church setting. Students will come to the School of Ministry pre-college, during college, post-college, pre-seminary, mid or post–seminary, or whenever in ministry to have classroom, mentorship and hands-on experiences preparing them as leaders for life, ministry, and Gospel advancement globally. School of Ministry graduates will understand local church ministry—this will alter the way they live, lead, and extend the Gospel throughout their lifetime.
The Cross Church School of Ministry is a Gospel leadership movement.
What the Cross Church School of Ministry Experience gets you:
- On-the-job experience at one of Outreach Magazine’s largest and fastest growing churches in America
- Credit hours to apply to your degree
- Customized ministry tracking
- Personal mentorship by a Cross Church ministry staff member
- Two national mission experiences
- One international mission experience
- Exposure to the multi-site movement of Cross Church Northwest Arkansas
- Access to the Cross Church network for the remainder of your ministry years
School of Ministry Structure
- One day a week in an Oxford-style learning environment
- Systematically working through a curriculum framework of ministry competencies (everything they don’t teach you in college and seminary)
- The rest of the week is spent working in full-time ministry under the mentorship of a seasoned Cross Church staff member.
“The Cross Church School of Ministry is NOT an internship!”
Ministry Track Options:
- Worship Ministry
- Preschool Ministry
- Children's Ministry
- Youth Ministry
- College Ministry
- Media Ministry (includes lighting, sound, video, web, graphics)
- Christian School Administration
- Church Planting
- Global Missions
- Compassion Ministries
- And more!
Partnerships & Credit Hours:
- The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary – 18-30 credit hours
- Boyce College – 18-30 credit hours
- Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
- The College at Southeastern
- North American Mission Board
- Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- The College at Southwestern
- Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary
- Union University
- More coming soon…
Click here to download a PDF of the Cross Church School of Ministry brochure.
The Cross Church School of Ministry is a
one-year residential ministry experience that
prepares leaders for life, ministry, and
gospel advancement globally.
Dr. Jeff Crawford
Dr. Jeff Crawford was named founding president of the Cross Church School of Ministry in December 2012. Saved at the age of 16, Crawford is passionate about the Gospel message, the Great Commission call, and Christ-centered education. He has devoted his life and family to these pillars in both the written and spoken word through an ever-growing pallet of creative media. Crawford, a native of Ft. Smith, Ark., earned a bachelor of arts in philosophy from Oklahoma Baptist University; the master of divinity from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary; and the doctor of education from The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
Crawford is an excellent teacher of God’s Word and academic administrator. He served as chair of the Christian Studies department at Shiloh Christian School, Springdale, Ark., from 1997-2001, before earning the title of dean of the Shiloh Christian secondary school in 2002. During his deanship, 2002-2005, Crawford also worked with Cross Church Senior Pastor Ronnie Floyd on the launch of Cross Church’s Pinnacle Hills campus.
Crawford has also served as an assistant professor at Liberty University’s School of Education, Lynchburg, Va, since 2007.
In 2006, Crawford was called to return to the pulpit of his home church, Grand Avenue Baptist Church in Fort Smith, Ark. At Grand Avenue, Crawford served as lead pastor until January 2013. Under Crawford’s leadership, Grand Avenue reached thousands for Christ, established an additional location, and adopted a strategy to engage the congregation in international missions.
Crawford has been married to Julie for 20 years. The couple has three children: Garrett 18, Madison 16, and Grayson 10, and are in the process of adopting a girl from Colombia.